We make our admissions decisions after a family completes the process outlined below. During this process, our goals are to fully inform families about our program by encouraging questions and discussion and to get to know a prospective family and student. The knowledge gained by both parents and Bridgeview Montessori is a key step towards creating a wonderful family/ school match.
The Application Process
- Schedule a time for an individualized tour and an observation at the school, followed by a discussion of the program with our Director of Admissions, Suzanne Lawson. Ideally, this kind of appointment is best scheduled for a time when adults can come without their children. Families may also attend Welcome Wednesdays; children are welcome, but sometimes parents want to take a look without their children with them. Tuesday Afternoon Information Sessions; these are best attended without children as our teachers will be sharing information, taking questions, and facilitating discussion about our classrooms and Montessori education.
Letting us know which events you may attend is helpful, but even if you do not let us know, feel free to drop in for any of the events listed below. We love to welcome prospective families to our school!
Welcome Wednesdays, Drop in between 9:15 and 11 am
- November 29
- December 6
- December 13
- January 3
- January 17
- January 24
- January 31
- February 7
- February 14
- February 28
- March 7
- March 14
- March 28
- April 4
- April 11
- April 25
- A Very Special Welcome Wednesday Celebrating our Student Artists, May 16
Tuesday Afternoon Information Sessions at 4:30 to 5:30
- January 16
- April 24 (rescheduled from April 10)
- May 15, Celebrating our Student Artists
- Please read our Observation Guidelines before your visit to ensure a most valuable use of your time with us.
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission and the Program Questionnaire (Children's House or Elementary) together with a $50 non-refundable application fee per family. You will receive a button to pay this fee upon submitting the Application for Admission. If you already have a child at Bridgeview Montessori, no need to pay an application fee. If you would prefer to print PDFs of these forms, please visit our Printable Admissions Forms page.
- If applying for Elementary I or II, please print and sign this Student Records Request and send it to your child’s present school asking that a COPY of his/her records be sent to Bridgeview Montessori School for review.
- If applying for Elementary I or II, please give the Student Evaluation from Current Teacher form to your child’s current teacher.
- Student Visit:
- Prospective Children’s House students may visit a class, with their parent, on a scheduled morning. In most cases, parents and the Director of Admissions discuss how to proceed with this visit so that children feel good and appropriately excited about their possible new school.
- Prospective Kindergarten students are invited to join a classroom and meet individually with either a Children’s House teacher or the Children’s House Director on a scheduled morning or afternoon. This visit must take place prior to acceptance.
- Elementary students are invited to join a classroom for a school day between 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. This visit must take place prior to acceptance. In some cases, we or a family may want a prospective elementary student to visit for a second day or for consecutive days.
Admissions priority is given to returning students and siblings as well as to those applying to the five-day Children’s House Programs. In the event that openings do not exist at the time of initial application, parents may elect to place their child on a waiting list. Under certain circumstances, the school may elect to grant admission on a conditional basis, under guidelines to be agreed upon with the parent at the time of acceptance.
Once we have received a completed application as described, we will notify you as to our admission decision, generally within three weeks. If accepted, you will receive an Annual Enrollment Contract that must be completed, initialed, signed, and returned to the school with a $500 enrollment deposit by the date indicated in your acceptance letter. The $500 enrollment deposit is applied towards tuition.
Please read that contract carefully. Click here to see sample contract.
Applications received during the summer will be handled individually, and admission decisions will be made as soon as possible based on available openings.
We believe strongly that children who attend Bridgeview Montessori School are well on their way to becoming lifelong, independent learners. We also hope to make learning at our school a reality for as many children as possible. And although we believe that families bear the primary responsibility for financing this education, we do currently offer a need-based financial aid program. Our financial aid program exists to help assure that any admitted student with demonstrated financial need will have the opportunity to attend Bridgeview Montessori School.
Policy on Nondiscrimination
Bridgeview Montessori School does not in any way discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, cultural heritage, political beliefs, national/ethnic origin, physical disability, toileting status, gender identity or expression, marital status, or sexual orientation in the administration of its hiring, admissions, and educational policies, or in any other school program.