Bridgenotes: June 6, 2019

From all of us to all of you!: Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to work and play with your children. We all wish you a wonderful summer full of lazy days, lemonade, barbecues, beaches, family and friends.

Last Day of School Early Dismissal & Picnic Celebration: Thursday, June 6, 2019 after a ½ day of school, let's celebrate together!

Pack a picnic lunch for the whole family, everyone is invited!

Dessert will be provided by the school. The Midway Recreation Area Pavilion is reserved (until 2 pm) for Bridgeview Montessori School (we will not light the grills). There are picnic tables available but you may bring a lawn chair if desired. Have some fun, chat with the staff, say goodbye for the summer.

There will be NO After Care. If you are not able to pick up your child at the scheduled dismissal time below, you need to make arrangements for someone else to pick up your child, please remember that it needs to be in writing.

There is no parking on the grass or in the front of the restrooms, and pets must be leashed and stay in designated areas only, per order of the Army Corps of Engineers.

Dismissals:

Children's House: 12:00pm

Elementary I: 12:15pm

Elementary II: 12:30pm

Today's Weather: Although it looks like there is a 40% chance of rain during our picnic, we going for 60% no rain and some good luck! Hope to see you there.

I made a difference!: Because I placed my order at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will make a donation to The Spiral School Inc every time! I support The Spiral School Inc (dba Bridgeview Montessori) at AmazonSmile, do you? When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to the charitable organization of your choice, why not choose our school? It's easy to make the switch if you shop on Amazon.com. smile.amazon.com. I did. GM

Parent Blog Posts: If any parent or grandparent is interested in writing a blog for our Views of the Bridge Blog on our website, let Suzanne know at slawson@bridgeviewmontessori.org. If you want to write but need ideas, think school choice, parenting topics, travel, lunch and snack ideas.... etc. Contact Suzanne to brainstorm. (Suzanne is a gentle editor and all edited work will be writer-approved before posting.)

Facebook Review: Please consider visiting our facebook page to write a review of our program. Thanks, Suzanne

2019-2020 School Calendar Revised : There was one change on next year's calendar so it has been revised. The Volunteer Reception will be on April 16, 2020. Click for a PDF of year's school calendar 2019-2020. Click here to visit our calendar page.

Before & After Care Requests : You may make changes to your child's Before and After Care schedule at any time if your needs change. The parent portal goes live July 1, 2019: Click here to enter the portal.

Sandy's favorite quote this week: Well there is no way to avoid this. Today is a day for goodbyes. For some, just for the summer and for others, it is more final. However, it does not have to be forever. Earlier this year, we all answered the question, "What is the key to Bridgeview's future?" Here is a sixth year student's response: "My key opens the door to Bridgeview so I can always come back." So instead of goodbyes, let's say, "Until we meet again."